Arte Américas is the Valley's largest non-profit Latino cultural center with over 10,000 square feet of gallery, performance, meeting and classroom spaces.
Our cultural center is a celebration of Arts in Mexico, Latin America, the Southwest, and California. Its focus is on the ability of art to be both culturally specific and universally understood.
Our exhibits and events are culturally educational and family-friendly; featuring local and international artists whose talents celebrate the eclectic variety of cultural artforms:
Arte Américas began operations in a rented one-room office in a Fulton Street storefront in 1987. Through the ongoing dedication of thousands of volunteers, we are now recognized as one of the key stakeholders in the burgeoning Cultural Arts District of Downtown Fresno.
In 1995 Arte Américas purchased and moved into its current building, and shortly thereafter acquired an adjoining acre of land. This area was cultivated into what we now know as La Plaza.
What We Offer:
• Stimulating new art shows and exhibits in our galleries every three to four months.
• "Nights in the Plaza" a summer concert series in our huge outdoor venue. The lush green-space features a concert mainstage and a large kiosko as a centerpiece.
• Two unique gift shops with authentic Mexican handcrafts, art books, posters, wearables, home decorations, and jewelry.
• Our signature Dia de las Madres/Mother's Day Celebration has grown into a sprawling, sold-out, annual gala event. Guests bring their mothers and 'second moms' to brunch beneath the shade of our tented Plaza and to have them serenaded by mariachis and trios.
• Home to a variety of civic, cultural and community benefit organizations, including The Cultural Arts Rotary Club and the Fresno Chapter of AMAE (Association of Mexican American Educators)
•Seasonal workshops that coincide with gallery exhibits. Past workshops have included toy making, beadwork, ceramics, folklorico dancing, papercrafts, and other disciplines that celebrate the diverse cultures of The Américas!
If your non-profit organization is interested in using Arte Américas space for your next event, please email email@example.com or call (559) 422-0006
Download Facilities Use Reservation Agreement HERE
Board Members 2014
René Moncada, President
Lisa Casarez, MSW, Vice President
Dolores Olmos-Rodriguez, SecretaryLiz Ponce, TreasurerGloria Verdugo, Past President
Dr. Deborah G. Blue
Juan Luis Guzmán
Dr. Shane Moreman
Frank Delgado, Executive Director
Tony Carranza, Executive Curator
Adam Mena, Assistant Curator
F. John Sierra
The Fresno Bee
Vida en el Valle
Clear Channel Media
Funders & Donors
James Irvine Foundation
Alliance for California Traditional Arts
Bertha & John Garabedian Foundation
Bonner Family Foundation
Armando & Betty Rodriguez
James & Coke Hallowell
David Antonio Clay
Baumstark Family Collection
Padrinos ($1,000+ Donors)
Consuelo and Leonel Alvarado
Robert and Celia Arroyo
Mary Ellen G. and Jim Clay
Juan & Connie Gonzalez
Pat & Elena Gutierrez
Jerry & Nancy Marquez
Shirley Savala Rubiolo
Ramona & Mickey Walker
Automated Office Services
Granville Homes/GV Urban
Lang, Richert & Patch
Leo Mejia Landscaping
President’s JLP Tequila
Fresno Art Museum Partnership Gallery
Aztlán Xpressions Gallery
State Center Community College District Muro de Honor
Ancient Mexico Lecture Series, Richardo Duran
Association of Mexican American Educators
Cultural Arts Rotary
Danzantes del Valle
Girl Scouts, Golden Valley Council
Latinas Unidas de Madera
League of Mexican American Women
Valley Cultural Coalition