Sunday, May 10, 2015
17th ANNUAL MOTHER'S DAY BRUNCH
IN THE PLAZA AT ARTE AMÉRICAS
TICKETS ON SALE NOW
Seating chart shown below
Arte Américas presents the seventeenth annual Mother’s Day brunch on Sunday, May 10 in the lush outdoor plaza in Downtown Fresno. The popular event has sold out for the past several years, and marks the opening of the warm-weather concert season.
In Mexico, Mother’s Day is observed on the tenth day of May (regardless of which day of the week that it falls) so it’s not uncommon for Mexicans to take their mothers out to eat on Tuesdays or Fridays, should the tenth fall on one of those days. This year the Mexican and American celebrations take place on the same day and we're celebrating in style.
The tradition is a festive champagne brunch beneath a 100-foot tent. The menu includes Mexican favorites: carne asada, chile verde, rice, and beans (served with a tortilla.) Entertainment will be featured throughout the event in the Mexican tradition of the holiday.
- Marimba de Clovis will serenade guests as they arrive to the venue
- Trio Los Romance will roam through the crowd to sing to the mothers and grandmothers in attendance during mealtime
- Mariachi Universal de Marisa Orduño, an all-female mariachi ensemble, will close out the program with a 90-minute set!
Laura González, Spouse of the Consul of México, is the committee chair for this year’s event, and provided the inspiration for the title of the event, “Señora, Señora,” a reference to a song of the same name written by Denise De Kalafe which has become synonymous with the Mexican Mother’s Day tradition.
Tickets to the event go on sale at 11am on April 8, and are $40 for Arte Américas members or $45 for non-members -- or $400 or $450 for tables seating ten depending on membership. Purchase ticket in the gift shop, or by calling 559-266-2623 during daytime gallery hours.
- DOORS OPEN NO EARLIER THAN 11AM
- THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT.
- TICKETS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR
- $400/table for ten
- $450/table for ten
- 11:00 -- Marimba de Arte Américas
- 11:30 -- Brunch is served -- Music by Trio Los Romance
- 12:30 -- Introduction of Mrs. Laura González, Spouse of the Consul of México and Mother's Day Committee Chair
- 12:45 -- Mariachi Universal de Marisa Orduño
- 2:30 -- Event concludes
Tables in RED are already sold.
Number of open seats (by table number)
TABLE 1: 5
TABLE 5: 1
TABLE 6: 5
TABLE 7: 10
TABLE 11: 10
TABLE 12: 3
TABLE 13: 8
TABLE 15: 10
TABLE 16: 10
TABLE 17: 10
TABLE 18: 1
TABLE 20: 2
TABLE 24: 10
TABLE 28: 10
TABLE 31: 10
TABLE 33: 10
TABLE 34: 10
TABLE 35: 8
TABLE 36: 10
Video: Beatríz Adriana's version of the song "Señora, Señora"